Saturday, August 3, 2013

King of the Jungle (MF)


Image: Courtesy of Grandma's

This is a no-frills 
budget.A fake lion
costs less. Next
time we'll even throw
in a live actress.That
should put some color
to the movie

(140 characters)

Afterthought:
After reading the comments apparently it conjures two streams of thought:

1. throw in a live actress - my contention here is to include the character of a
living pretty lady  a) to balance the 'dead' lion and   b) put some color - the play on
the black and white movie
2. It seems another interpretation is to 'to throw in the lady' to a live lion and
turn it gory (which I did not think of initially)

Grandma's Goulash aka Linda at Succinctly Yours week #124 provided the
picture above for us to write a micro fiction of not exceeding 140 characters  and
to include the word - frills

7 comments:

  1. ha. some of those old movies are pretty funny in the journey toward the realism we have today...made me think of them though...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, blood red would add a lot. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully the lady did not become dinner. I was thinking about the budget too. After all how many people would sit that close to a lion with nothing but a camera between them??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love those fakey films that come from
    the low budgets? I do, this one too, Hank, nice write.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever SY story, Hank. I didn't interpret the lady as a victim of the lion, but rather as a glamorous addition, perhaps as a female lion trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Budget? It always comes with a price. Don't you think? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved both your microfiction and the possible interpretations. I must confess that my mind immediately conjured the 2nd interpretation. Doesn't say much for my mind, I guess! :D I liked your idea of adding color to a black and white.

    ReplyDelete