Thursday, December 4, 2014

Life is beginning to be tough

                                                                             Attribution: DPUBOC
Image: Tinker Bell bronze edition (here)

The given words:
fairies dust lost door fly
frost puff soft toy life song

The tooth fairies have been here, Mom!
But I have not seen any of them
I swear they were here
Did you see them?
No, I did not but there are signs
What signs?
Fairy dust on the flooring
Oh, those were Kitty’s pug marks. Kitty was 
lost last night and just came in through the door
But they glitter
Yes, you know the silica in the sand
I thought the tooth fairies might fly in
to escape the frost.With a little huff and
a puff and a soft toy under my pillow

But it is not even Christmas!
This is pre-Christmas Mom, there’ll be another from Santa

Life is beginning to be tough
What did you say Mom? Couldn’t hear
I was saying life is a laugh
Oh!

We used to have songs and story-telling no presents
from the tooth fairy
Is that right?

Your grandma told me the tooth fairy
taught her to sing to me when I was your age!
Obviously your Mom was smart!

For Misky's Red Wolf Poems
We Wordle #32

10 comments:

  1. I love the banter between 'you' and your mother. Very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Misky! This conversational piece is charming, Hank! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously sweet!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha sure a fun tit for tat here at your blog mat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from the age group where we got a quarter under the pillow and thought that was pretty good.
    Growing up is kind of like finding out that the tooth fairy and Santa Claus aren't real, over and over again.
    Thanks for visiting us at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great verse Hank, How much would the tooth fairy leave for dentures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and funny exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the child doesn't lose faith...These lines are so lovely:
    I thought the tooth fairies might fly in
    to escape the frost.With a little huff and
    a puff and a soft toy under my pillow

    ReplyDelete